Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making Books with Children...

It's been a long time since I have taken time to post here. I recently came upon a site by Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord. She has a delightful website called Making Books with Children, that teaches and encourages children to make their own books. She also has a blog featuring various handmade books! I love that she uses or should I say re-uses all sorts of papers. I especially like what she calls the HOT DOG BOOK! Here's a video on how to make one:

Or if you prefer to print out the instructions, here's a link to a PDF file: Hot Dog Book. I can't wait to share this with my students next fall!

1 comment:

veterankindergartenteacher said...

Hi Cindy,

An NC kindergarten teacher here! So glad to have found you. Look forward to hearing more from you!